I love kids!!!!


Since I have no kids of my own to brag about, I want to pretend that I've been able to adopt all of my Autistic kids so I can brag about them!! I love them so so so much! They are completely different from another, yet are all labeled as Autistic. Because it's Sunday, I'm going to relate it to Mormons. We're all labeled as Mormon, but none of us are anything alike in our personalities or characteristics.... =) I love the days when I figure something out about them or understand why they do a certain thing- like today. I was teaching our group how the "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" song works and of course was singing along while I was doing the actions. One of the boys kept turning the music up extremely loud and another one kept holding my knee....?????? It was definitely distracting me because I couldn't do the actions with him hanging on, and I was getting a headache from the loud music. I decided to stop singing and just play the song, while I took the one who was holding onto my knee and helped him do the motions in order. All of a sudden everyone was following along and loving it! So I started to sing along again and you know what happened? He turned the music up even louder!! He was doing it because he didn't like my singing!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! And the other one kept holding my knee because he didn't understand what I was doing or what the order was. Cute, huh??? It's so much fun to figure these things out because when none of them are able to talk, I usually have no idea what they want. But each of their mannerisms and their personalities are so revealing as to who they are and what they want, I just have to remember to slow down and pay attention to every characteristic they're acting out. I LOVE AUTISTIC KIDS!!!!


This is their FAVORITE song and every time I play it,
they all start laughing and dancing!! It seriously is the cutest thing.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

I played that song for my students today and had them sing it! They liked it better than any song I've taught all year! And nobody even grabbed my knees! Maybe they need you as their teacher.