I wish I had no place to go!


"It's difficult to build the kingdom of God, lift and serve others, and give of ourselves to those who need us if we are burned out or 'sapped' of all spiritual, physical, and emotional strength. Jesus often 'withdrew himself into the wilderness, and prayed' (Luke 5:16)," said Elder M. Russell Ballard. "We need to do the same thing occasionally to rejuvenate ourselves spiritually as the Savior did."

I'm
reading "Keeping Life's Demands in Balance" and it explains that we do not need to feel guilty or selfish in pulling back to regroup in any way, because there is a strength that comes from sometimes just being home (p. 14). When I was teaching Special Ed, I used to make up poems for all my kids because they loved when I would use their name in a funny poem, and then they would make me keep repeating the poem and laugh for so long- haha, I miss them! So I decided to make up a poem for myself that goes along with what I'm learning from this book, and how I need to be changing my life. Hopefully you'll laugh as hard and for as long as my little kids used to!!! =)


The happiest nights that I've come to know,
are the nights I have no place to go.
And I get to say when the day is through,
"Tonight I have nothing to do."
The joy of relaxing and the peace untold
Of sitting 'round in my slippers old.
Drinking my Diet Coke in my favorite chair,
Loving the fact that I'm not going anywhere.
I don't have to hurry to eat my meal,
Or force a smile that I do not feel.
But I can watch a movie from my bookcase shelf,
And sit back to relax, and just be myself.
I love those nights but they are very rare,
Nothing on earth could ever compare!
And I'm sorry for anyone who doesn't know,
The happiness I feel in having no place to go!!!!!!!!
~Carrie =)


I also love John Lubbock's quote on taking a break.... "Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass listening to the waterfalls, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time."

3 comments:

Lisa K said...

Phew! I was about to feel guilty for laying around and watching The Real Housewives of Orange County, Jersey Shore, and Project Runway! Now I see that it's actually a spiritual necessity.

Gayle said...

WOW! You're really a poet! I hope I have your permission because I just sent it to three of my friends! Thanks! And p.s. I laughed but I was also touched with your sentiment.

jillmassage said...

Make me a poem!!!!