Love is the greatest blessing we can have

"I have recognized three important principles: (1) I cannot solve another person’s problem (2) Loving another person unconditionally is the most powerful way I can serve (3) I must depend on Christ, the only source of unconditional love, if I am to bless others.

My first insights into how I could truly be of service to others came as I grew closer to the Lord and analyzed the ways he helps me. He gives me direction when I ask, for he knows my feelings and circumstances completely and is the perfect source of counsel. But much more often, he blesses me with a sense of his love that fills my soul with peace and hope. He encourages me by assuring me again and again that he loves me and accepts me as I am. Despite my many imperfections, I know that he has a vision of my potential that is far above my own, and that he will help me reach it.

This realization of God’s love has been the single greatest blessing of my life. I had not considered that my efforts should be focused on strengthening the person by loving them unconditionally, instead of trying to solve their problems for them. Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier. Be the living expression of God’s kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting. In the slums we are the light of God’s kindness to the poor. To children, to the poor, to all who suffer and are lonely, give always a happy smile—Give them not only your care, but also your heart."

~Susan Hainsworth

2 comments:

Lisa K said...

Whoa...you've posted two days in a row! I can't handle it!!!!!!!

Shane and Jamie Smith said...

Hello Makita where have you been.... :)