"Big Love" =(


I was caring for one of my Down Syndrome patients and her Mom mentioned a few of the patient's favorite shows before leaving for the night. After getting sick of watching John & Kate Plus 8, I decided to watch another favorite show of hers that had been recorded. Knowing absolutely NOTHING about Big Love, I turned it on and will never forget how the feeling of the room changed. It instantly changed and still not understanding anything, I started watching the show. OH MY! Are you kidding me? I was appalled at what I was hearing. Temple covenants, garments shown, and being ex-communicated on the spot???!!!! WHAT? SERIOUSLY??! I was so completely offended, and all I wanted to do was start bawling. A public television show, shown for the last year, is lightly and carelessly talking about the things I cherish the most in my life? Keep in mind that the patient I was watching TV with is non-speaking and mentally challenged, so she had no clue as to why I was sitting on the edge of the couch with my mouth hanging open. WOW. I had no idea such a show existed! I've seen protesters and anti-Mormon websites, but a TV show? It was so sickening to me that I had to leave the room, and I don't think I felt the Spirit for quite awhile after that because I was so confused and in awe of the things I had just heard.


Anyways, the point of my horrible experience is that I found a website/blog called FairMormon.org, and it lists several things that the show is portraying and compares it to the truth of what we believe. I had to stop reading some of the comparisons because I was getting furious!! The show misquoted President Packer, they called the disciplinary council a love court, and they got kicked out of the celestial room because their 15 minutes in God's room was up??!!! And those are just a few of the things I read before I threw up. OH MY! It makes me SOO completely angry! So I wanted to share the website with you because it offers the comparisons that are greatly needed because of this wretched show, and it also provides a topical guide of how to answer Anti-Mormon questions without arguing or causing contention. My invitation to everyone that might be reading this is to turn the station to K-BYU and never change the channel. =)


http://en.fairmormon.org/Topical_guide

In order to get rid of my hatred and anger of what the
world is doing to the things I love,I'm giving you the
link of my favorite EFY song, Stand In Holy Places,
that shows pictures of temples all around the world.
I love the Gospel and will defend it 'til the day I die!!


1 comment:

Gayle said...

Isn't it interesting that the spirit left the room even before you knew why. What a comfort to know we can have that with us and be pre-warned about things. Also interesting that some people spend so much of their energy finding things they think are wrong with a church, instead of finding and embracing a church they CAN believe in. Thanks for being a light out there Carrie and for being an example to all of us.