The end of the best



I give up on tv!! Law & Order has been my favorite and only watched tv series for the past 3 years. But after what I just saw, I might end up selling my tv and canceling DirectTV. I was watching an episode from 2008 with my favorite Detective Lupo (Jeremy Sisto), and the episode was called "Lost Boys". It mentioned in the summary of it that it was about a polygamist group, but I didn't think anything of it because I love Lupo so I was going to watch it. OH MY. One of the scenes was a polygamist boy trying to run away and the detectives grabbed his shirt to stop him and it tore his shirt off. And do you wanna know what was underneath his shirt????!! A white t-shirt with hand drawn marks on them, permanent marker drawn symbols. MY SYMBOLS!! OUR SYMBOLS! Symbols that should NEVER be aired on public television. So the next scene was the detectives looking up on a so-called 'Mormon' website that explained what each symbol represented and why they had drawn them where they drew them on the shirt. I was mortified. It was so unbelievably wrong and even though they finally agreed that the boys weren't Mormon because Mormon's go to movies and accept black people but the boys did not, those hand drawn marks were horrific to see on my favorite show. On any show! I have no idea what happened next because I turned it off, but I pray with everything in me that anyone who watched that episode will never remember what they saw or heard about marks on a shirt and that they'll think it was something made up by the polygamist boys. OH MY. I have nothing to watch on tv now =(
FAREWELL TO LAW & ORDER
You are now buried in my past.... =(

2 comments:

Lisa K said...

I remember that episode. Joe and I thought they did a good job of dispelling any sort of connection to the LDS church. Unfortunately stuff like that will probably be seen more commonly seen in public.

Gayle said...

Law and Order RIP. I guess that's how the Catholics feel when all kinds of shows trash them too. It's offensive.